I see the moon, the moon sees me,
Down through the smog of Natagachi!"
Natagachi is the nearest town to the school, about a 5-10 minute walk, depending on your speed.
There are a few of the older boys who are having some attitude problems, and 4 of them are in my classes. Good thing I enjoy solving challenges, because I've got some good ones to solve now! :) But I've found the key: Whenever I pray earnestly for these particular boys, they come to my classes without their normal scowls. Whenever I don't pray very earnestly for them, they refuse to cooperate. "O what needless pain we bear, all because we do not carry Everything to God in prayer!"
Went into Calcutta with one of the other ladies here, Keren, on Thursday. We're planning to start a hydrotherapy class next school term, and we had a serious list to buy. But Keren, being the super adventurous and curious type, decided we really needed to find where Kolkata Station was in relation to where we wanted to shop, and that we needed to discover that first. So we went to Kolkata Station. Let's just put it this way: we spent about 2 hours on public transportation and got no shopping done at all because it was too late by the time we finally got back from Kolkata Station to where we really needed to be. :/ But now I know more about Calcutta! Next week, we'll make another trip into the city, but if I have any say in the matter, we will NOT go doing any extra exploring! :)
1 comment:
Dear Bekah,
So sorry to hear you're coughing and struggling with GI and food issues. Bless your heart. You are on my mind this am and I'm praying for you(including your request via your mom on Sabbath).
Much Love,
Miss Melanie (or would it be Madam Melanie? ha!)
Post a Comment