Friday, January 16, 2009

After the first day of classes...

We started back to school today after the Christmas break. Here in India, the schools use "standards" instead of grades. For now, I'm teaching English for the 5th, 6th, & 7th standards. They are roughly equivalent to our 7th, 8th, & 9th grades in the States. (Very roughly!) Everything went well, and I am so thankful! 
Earlier this week, we had a major answer to prayer. We have three sisters here, and the youngest is about 6 or 7 years old. Their uncle lives not too far away and has often taken them to his home for breaks. Well, the youngest was with him, and for some reason, he left her alone in the house while he went into town for something. When he came back, our girl was gone, and she does not speak the local language. Unfortunately, every year there are thousands of girls trafficked in the Calcutta area. We knew that without a direct miracle, we would never see the little girl again. So we all prayed - hard. The next day, we got the news that a policeman had found the girl wandering on the street and had taken her to the station until they could figure out what to do with her. Praise the Lord!!! I'm not sure how she ended up on the street, but however it happened, we are praising the Lord for her safe return!
Now it's Sabbath, and I am looking forward to a good night's rest. Happy Sabbath, everyone! God bless!

No comments: