The other day, all of my classes were in unusually good spirits. Some of the girls in the 5th standard had asked me to wear my "Ellen G. White dress" that day. I finally figured out which one they meant - my jean dress! (For those not familiar with Ellen G. White, she was a leader in the early Adventist movement in the late 1800s/early 1900s. She did NOT wear jean dresses!) Trying my hardest not to laugh, I agreed. Well, those girls couldn't concentrate on the lesson. Instead they kept looking at me, smiling, and saying, "Miss, you look just like Ellen G. White! So pretty!" I finally threatened to go change if my dress was so distracting to them! They opted to focus on their work instead. The 7th standard was just plain crazy that day. The boys kept cutting up, the girls kept giggling and just giving the boys all the more reason to be clowns. And finally, during my last class of the day, I had to face the 6th standard class. When I walked up, one of the boys, Hopna, had a bamboo stick longer than I am tall, and was swinging it around, playing with it. I waited till his back was turned and he was least expecting it, then grabbed it out of his hands! He turned around with a squawk and everyone roared, including Hopna. During class, the same boy found a small bone in the grass and proceeded to poke one of the girls with it while we were reading, making her squeal. And one of the other boys had picked a green tomato from the school garden and was eating it instead of reading. (Since it was right before the lunch bell rang, I didn't fuss very much.) Oh, teaching that day was too much fun! (Actually, I didn't get much teaching done that day, we were laughing so hard!)
Found this hymn by F. E. Belden today:
All My Class
All my class! not one forgotten
When before Thy throne I kneel;
I would share the loving burden
That my Saviour's heart doth feel.
Chorus:
Ev'ry one, blessed tho't!
Not a single name forgot.
One left out, His joy would dim;
Ev'ry one is dear to Him.
All my class! if one be missing
In the glorious gath'ring day,
How shall I account to Jesus?
What shall I with weeping say?
Daily would I walk before them,
Sinless in God's holy sight,
Pleading till His Spirit draw them,
Ev'ry one to life and light.
Amen!
1 comment:
Oh how funny! the children are being children. It does seem that you are having fun with them. I know Sis.White would were jeans dresses if she were still here:) I wish I had one. I will be praying for you dear , may God continue to bless you. My 2 favorite foods are indian and thai, and you get to eat one of them everyday...wow!!! I do know how to cook it though . I love you Tania
Post a Comment