Sunday, August 15, 2010

News Flash!

Birth Announcement:

Solily, a 12-yr. old girl, decided to give her heart to Jesus this weekend. I know all heaven is thrilled over one of the newest members of the family of God! I certainly am!


I sat next to Solily during vespers this Friday evening. The 8th graders were doing a powerpoint presentation on America in prophecy, complete with pictures of the beasts of Daniel's dreams. Solily hid her head on my shoulder, whispering, “Miss, I'm so afraid!” I prayed with her there in the meeting, and she was able to listen to the rest of the presentation without too much trouble. (She simply hid her face in my shoulder part of the time!) Afterward, I went to the girls' dorm to tell everyone goodnight, and especially to talk to Solily. I explained to her that whenever I felt afraid, I would pray and ask Jesus to take away my fear, and to send Satan far away from me, then I would begin to sing. I told her that if Satan tried to make her afraid during the night, that's what she should do, because Satan cannot stand to hear us sing praises to God. I prayed with her again, especially asking the Lord to guard her dreams.


When I woke up Sabbath morning, I was eager to find out how Solily's night had gone. At breakfast, I asked her how she slept. With a smile, she told me that she had not had any bad dreams, but had slept fine. Then she told me that several of the little girls had been discussing Jesus' second coming and the events in prophecy, until they were getting rather scared. One if the bigger girls finally said, “That's enough! Let's pray.” Solily told them that I had suggested they sing, too. So after prayer, the girls sang and went to sleep. Solily told me that she sang herself to sleep. Then, smiling shyly, Solily whispered to me, “And Miss, while we were praying, I gave my heart to Jesus. I want to be ready when He comes again.”


Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.” Luke 15:10


No comments: